Verify Your Business
As small business, your digital properties are key to your success. It is important to verify your business on Google Places and now Facebook. You want your customers to when they search for you on Google or Facebook that the page they are going to is yours with the correct, most up-to-date information about your business. Being verified with that check ensures they know they are at the correct place. It protects your business others claiming your business and doing as they please with it damaging your reputation in process. It builds trust with your customers. And helps in SEO.
Verify on Google Places
While Bing and the other search engines are important, Google is the search giant. It is important that your business is represented correctly. You can verify your business on Google Places. It shows that you are the official creator of the page. It increases your site in Google’s search ranking by boosting your authenticity in the eyes of Google. The verification process helps ensure that your business information is accurate and that only you have access to it.
How to verify your business on Google?
- You need to add or claim your business by going to Get Your Page and select Store Front. You will need a Google account; it could the one you use for gmail or Google +. The more information you can include on your Google Page the better. Share your services, address, hours, contact information, photos, logo, and your website at the least. Especially if you do not have a website. (And if you do not have a website, then we need to talk.)
- After you have claimed your business then you can verify your business by selecting a method. Choosing the verify by postcard to your business address is the easiest method. Once you received the postcard, which takes about two weeks, you can complete the process.
Verify on Facebook Pages
This is new from Facebook allowing local businesses to verify their Facebook Pages. This will help you ensure that fans are coming to and interacting with the right Page. Also, it will help your business rank higher in Facebook search.
How to verify your business on FaceBook?
- Go to your Facebook Business Page.
- Click Settings at the top of your Page.
- From General, select Page Verification and edit option.
- Select Verify this, then click Get Started.
- Enter the publicly listed phone number your business then click Call Me Now.
- Once Facebook calls you with the 4-digit verification code, enter it and click Continue.
While the process maybe tedious especially Google, you can make it easy for your customers to find you and get them the correct information about your business.
We can help through the process of verifying your business. Contact us now.
[contact-form to=’email@example.com’ subject=’Help My Verify My Business’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Phone Number’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]
Social Media Crisis Communications: Preparing for, Preventing, and Surviving a Public Relations #Fail is now available in eBook format. Buy it now! (If you like the book, please leave a review; it is greatly appreciated)
TIME CRUNCH? Are you putting your crisis communications plan together and need help? Or are currently dealing with a crisis and need crisis communications assistance? Get help NOW. Contact Ann Marie at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 302.563.0992 today.